Friday, September 3, 2010

...So this is it?

I'm having a moment...
For those of you that know me, this could either be a good or bad thing.

Current Mood: Melancholy
Current Feeling: Stuck
Current Attitude: Optimistic

All of my life I have been preparing...
Preparing to be successful
Preparing to be a role model
Preparing to live up to my potential
But most of all I have been in preparation to deal with my post pubescent life as an adult, then one day here it is.
And all I have to say is 'So this is it?'

I knew adulthood wouldn't be all rainbows and sunshine but to describe it as underwhelming is an understatement in itself. I swear this isn't an entry where I just bitch and moan, but it's some shit that needs to be said. And to sum it all up (because this keyboard I'm using is ratchet as hell):
-EVERYTHING I've learned about decency and people up to this point is BS when it comes down the 'every man for himself' mentality people convey
-Friends can be a very valuable assets or detrimental tool in your life, not all of them are going to do everything right in every scenario....the most you can hope for is that most of them 'get it'
-Finally, Love is a battlefield Pat Benetar said it best...

Don't worry my future posts will be less dramatic...until then 'Keep Calm and Carry On'

No comments:

Post a Comment