Sunday, September 12, 2010

The 'Fuck Up My Day' Censor

Why does it seem like whenever I come into a good time or start to truly be happy with someone or something, that one person always shows up to fuck up your mood?

I swear, I think all of my exes, bosses, family members and anybody else along those lines have some sort of 'spidey senses' that go off the moment you become happy or start doing something good with your life. And you know when it happens? Right at the moment when you say 'Thank you (insert Deity here) that I got out of the situation I was just in because I feel so much better'. I always imagine there being a fire alarm kind of sound going off in their minds that just signals them to say 'how can I fuck this person's day up in the worst possible way today.'

sigh...

Despite the inconvenience and the temporary flash backs of what things used to be, this situation can also be looked at as positive. When that person or situation jumps back into your life you can use it as a gauge to see how much you've grown or how over that person you truly are. And there's nothing that gives me more satisfaction than to see the person that used that 'fuck up my day' censor's day fucked up. Sort of like a transference of energy, and I'm telling you it really works. So, here's to you 'fuck up my day' censor (raises glass) you intend to ruin my day and make me feel bad, but in the end you really just help me to be a better me in the end and see that the me I once was can't compare to the me that I'm going to be....which is great. =)

Until next time people '...Keep Calm and Carry On'

No comments:

Post a Comment