Saturday, November 13, 2010

Can You Let Me Miss You?

I don't know if it's just me, but I really have a problem with people I'm talking to being too available. It's such a turnoff to know that you're ALWAYS there whenever I call. I know this may sound a little shallow and petty of me but hey it is what it is. Especially, if it's early in a potential relationship GOD I HATE THAT!!! It's just something about always being 'there', that irritates my soul.

Now don't get me wrong, I like when people show a genuine interest in me when trying to get to know me but there is a time when it becomes too much. I figure if we have a good relationship communication wise, then you won't need to check in on me every couple of minutes to see what I'm doing. Naturally I would want to let you know what I'm doing and I'll reach out to you.

I'm the kind of person that if all the mystery and intrigue about you is gone, I'm ultimately over you. I need something to look forward with the person I'm talking to and if I always know you're there then there's a good chance I'll get over you quickly. I say that because chances are the relationship will be like a microwave relationship; everything happens so quickly you can't truly appreciate the time it took to make it. What's funny is that I can identify with the 'always there' part because it's happen to me. Walking contradiction I know, but the situation always seems different when it happens to you.

Maybe the trick to not seeming like you're there all the time is to just pace yourself with contacting that person. Anytime you feel yourself being a nuisance to your potential mate, you probably are.

Until next time folks '...Keep calm and carry on'

No comments:

Post a Comment