Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Are Omissions Signs Of Betrayal?

For anyone close to me, they know that I think Brittany Murphy is the quintessential white woman. And as the quintessential white woman I loved everything she has done, god rest her soul. (In case you were wondering this has something to do with my point so just bare with me lol) One of my favorite movies from her is called 'Little Black Book', which is a story about a girl in a relationship that she was having doubts about and wanted to check out how he treated his ex-girlfriends. So she decided that she would do some investigating on her boyfriend to see what he may be hiding from her and through a quirky journey of discovering info about his ex-dates and self discovery she finally came to the climax. And in the climax she said a line that really stuck with me in regards to relationships I always wondered about. She said 'Omissions are signs of betrayal' after finding out about all of the details he 'conveniently' neglected to tell her.

Hmmm...

After I heard that I really got to thinking about that particular subject and wondered if you choose to omit certain details about your past relationships is that really a sign of betrayal? Or is the omission just a way to keep the peace in the relationship? Think about it, is it truly the best policy when 'what you don't know won't kill you?' Or is it best to be open and honest about everything to avoid the 'gotcha gotcha' trap attempt that eventually come up?

For me I feel, honesty is the best policy and should be applied in this particular scenario. But as we all know things aren't always as simple as that when the truth is told. But if you truly care about someone enough to tell them the truth you should suck it up and deal with the consequences. And I for one am a believer in if you ask me a question be prepared for an honest answer because if you ask then you should be prepared for whatever the outcome may be. Hopefully what you have to ask for me to reveal isn't too bad though, you might get your feelings hurt.

Until next time folks '...Keep calm and carry on'

No comments:

Post a Comment