Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Staying Friends with K.I.M. (aka Pay It)

If there is one thing in my life that my mother has taught me, it's how to be resilient. She taught me that regardless of anything life throws at you, you just have to roll with the punches and keep planning your next move. So she introduced me to a tiny woman named K.I.M, otherwise known as Keep It Movin'. Ever since that day me and her have been really good friends; lovers even. I may not have fully appreciated her when I first got her but now we are inseparable. In my adult years, our relationship evolved because she's the only friend you can depend on when life gets tough. There aren't enough hours in the day to make time to feel sorry for yourself if you want to survive in this world. You have to be constantly moving and planning your next course of action, but most importantly being prepared for the bullshit.

Oh, the bullshit. It's bound to pop up every so often to fuck up the situation your in just to see if your on your toes. That could be that unexpected bill, suddenly getting fired, or even a friend/lover/other suddenly irking your nerves. You know the stuff that gets under your skin at the right time to piss you off to the point where you feel like stabbing a bitch. You know what I say to that, pay it!!

That's right, pay it...

That's the phrase I use to get me through life and trust me it helps. Everything that comes with a 'pay it' mentality is peace of mind, clarity, and less stress on your psyche. With a 'pay it' mentality you can make the biggest problem seem insignificant. Just saying it out loud to everything makes you feel better about every situation and it becomes second nature after a while. It just has to because you simply can't care for every little problem that comes your way; you have to pick and choose your battles and your worries carefully.

I don't think you heard me so I'll say it again; PICK AND CHOOSE YOUR WORRIES AND BATTLES WISELY because all of them aren't worth fighting. Sometimes its best just not to argue about any and everything because it's not worth the thought process. Also, when you argue or show any kind of anger towards someone or a situation that pissed you off, you let them win. You let that person or circumstance get to you and throw you off of your train of thought. Which is why you should really meet K.I.M, she treats you good...real good. I bet you 'Pay It' will be your favorite phrase afterward ;)

Until next time folks '...Keep calm and carry on'

No comments:

Post a Comment