Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Don't Try, Just Be...

Sometimes I want to be something I'm not...

I admire people that can be unapologetic and brazen when they step in the room. I give respect to those who have the courage to be themselves regardless of any situation and are larger than life. I even respect some people who may not always make the right decisions and live their lives on the edge regardless of the situation. And while I embody some of those qualities, I don't quite take it to the extreme. Most of the times, I'm safe with what i say as to not offend many people. Sometimes, I don't speak up as to not 'rock the boat' in many a situation. And most of the time my rebellion to society isn't that rebellious but a little more than tame. And with that I admit, there are times when I try to be some of the people I encounter that have these qualities because I respect their stance on life that is often opposite of what I am. I take on some of their qualities and mannerisms to empower myself and become sort of a caricature of myself. Sort of like my version of (insert person here).

Sad I know, but hear me out....

I don't want you to think that I don't love myself and everything about me, but there are just moments when I want to just take on another persona that is so far left of what i actually am. I think it's just because I want to escape the reality and monotony that is my life and see the world from a different point of view. Sometimes I get lost in a facade of a perfect world that other people portray themselves to be in and want to be in that world so badly because it's not mine. Just to feel how they feel and see things how they do to feel something different than what I do. The trouble with that though is when engage in that behavior I usually get lost in their identity and lose my own. I end up living vicariously through someone else's life instead of living my own and appreciating everything that makes me great.

Does this sound like you?

I feel most people have a complex with seeing the grass as greener in everyone else's pasture because of the facade most people put up as reality. And usually, when you try to live vicariously through someone's borrowed lifestyle it never fits on you right. Kind of like how a signature scent only smell's good on the original person who wears it and stinks on everyone else. It's best just to be yourself in life because there is only one you. The struggle of just being us is already hard enough to bear without trying to being someone else.

So let your freak flag fly fuckers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unitl next time folks '...keep calm and carry on'

No comments:

Post a Comment