Friday, December 24, 2010

Holiday Heartwarming

So if you got into my other holiday post (see: 'And That's What It's All About' post) I have a love/hate feeling toward holiday themed posts. I love the love and cheer that they bring but hate the cheesy nature of which most people bring to them.

Caught up? Good...

With that being said I feel Christmas is devoid of any holiday angst I hold against the promotional factors of what a holiday should be. Not only because you get stuff (score!!!) but the overall feeling that people get when this particular holiday rolls around. Christmas is the one holiday where people who have nasty dispositions 364 days out of the year shed that appearance to make at least one person happy. Christmas gives that type of feeling where the good of the common man usurps an individuals feelings for at least one day and the world can at least seem to be at peace.

Regardless of what religion, political party, or any battling oppositional force you belong to we can all agree that Christmas is a time where we can all lay our metaphorical guns down for at least a day. I don't know if it's my sunny disposition on the world or just naive thinking but I have always felt that the christmas spirit should be applied every day and not just in that one moment. Could you imagine a world where people actually took time to give a damn about more than themselves for an extended period of time? Having the spirit of the holidays in their heart all year round would just make this world a little more bearable for everyone to live in.

Maybe it's just wishful thinking on my part accompanied with a 'Disney/ Happily Ever After' mindset but to imagine a world where that particular holiday heartwarming covers everyone's heart is a world I have always envisioned living in since I was young. Yeah it's kind of a 'corny' thing to say but I truly do wish all people peace on Earth.

Even if this falls upon deaf ears, I just felt it needs to be said because my wish is for everyone to have peace (all of this was said while doing the Ms. America 'shocked face') So with all of that being said, I encourage all of you to take the warm feelings you during Christmas and extend them through the rest of the year.

Happy Holidays Everyone

Until next time folks '...Keep calm and carry on'

No comments:

Post a Comment