Friday, December 24, 2010

Before My Brain Kicks In...

So I'm laying here....

It's morning and I'm in your arms, we had a great night. I feel like I'm on cloud 9 because there is nowhere in the world I'd rather be than right there with you. Then it happens....shit gets real; I start thinking about all the shit that could potentially go wrong with loving you. I could get hurt, I could end up really liking you more than I want to which scares the shit out of me, and most importantly I could get lost in you and lose myself. There are a myriad of reasons to why I can't be with you but one thing is for certain, I enjoy this moment with you right here and right now. So before my brain kicks in and starts weighing me down with 'cons', I'm going to relish in the 'pros'.

It's a beautiful feeling when you let yourself get lost in a world where it feels like you and the one you truly care for are the only two people in the planet. Especially if the person you are with in that moment is someone you could have never picture yourself being with. Sometimes its a welcome surprise but it's a confusing place to be in because you picture your ideal person in your head then you see what life gives you. But just being with that person and enjoying them wholeheartedly, just throws all of those notions out of the window.

It's almost as if all the potential problems seem to be erased with every laugh evoked and a moment of clarity is exuded because of their presence. The feeling you get transcends all logic and rational thinking to the point where it begins to get scary. It's scary because you could never in a million years imagine yourself here with this person and you kind of like it against your better judgment. A classic case of your head telling you no but your heart telling you go with it.

I'm a strong advocate for a healthy balance of the mind and the heart coming to a solid agreement with matters of the heart, but sometimes you just have to go with what makes you feel right. You should never deprive yourself from at least attempting to be happy with the one you're with because it may be just what you need.

Until next time folks '...Keep calm and carry on'

No comments:

Post a Comment