Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Detox

Recently I made a decision to be happy. And you know what the funny thing is about choosing to be happy, usually involves an exorcism some sort. Whether it be mentally, physically, or even taking someone out of your life, all are necessary in releasing the toxins from your soul.

So I’ve decided to detox…

Not your typical sort of detox but the type of ‘detox’which involves rearranging and possibly eliminate some people in your life that are blocking you on your road to happy. Detoxing people is never an easy process seeing as how these people are the ones you never want to let go. These people, in a way, become connected to (good or bad) in such a way that making a move without them almost seems implausible. It’s kind of like they weigh you down with all of their negative energy and impose terrible thoughts and feelings that leave you feeling horrible about yourself. But the very essence of their being becomes something you become so accustomed to that you become dependent on them and that feeling. After a while, whether you know it or not, they have a major influence on the way you live your life.

Which is why a decision to extract these people from your life is not only important, but necessary for you to be happy in your life. I’ve had many an occasion where I became so entranced with the decisions and actions other ‘influential’ people in my life have had that it threw me WAY off track. These people had made my progression stagnant and impaired me socially from reaching my ultimate potential.

So as a conscious decision to start making a better me, I decided to let these people go. What good are they if they only make you transgress instead of helping you to progress? And I encourage all of you to spiritually detox all of the toxic people in your life and make a conscious decision to be happy.  I’m sure you’ll feel 5 pounds lighter in the morning.

Until next time folks ‘…Keep calm and carry on’

1 comment:

  1. Very wise decision. Draw strength from those around you and give it back to the universe. Anyone supplying anything less isn't worth having around.

    ReplyDelete