Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Picturesque....ish

I have a problem...

Everything has to be in alignment at all times for things to be in order in my life. I always liken my problem as being similar to a crooked picture on display. I always find myself trying to adjust it to where its at the right angle of being picturesque. I work for hours and hours on end to try and align every edge to being at the most perfect angle. All of that only to find that the perfect alignment is always off balance slightly. I always end up frustrated and never really getting it right so I give up.

This same philosophy of how I view things in life is probably the reason why I can't maintain a relationship. I have this steadfast idea of what the perfect person to be in a relationship will be like and when that person doesn't come like how I want it, I try and 'tweak' them. You know just adjust them a little bit to be the type of person I want them to be. I mean that's only right, right? Right? Wrong...

The problem with that is people aren't inanimate objects that can be shaped and molded to your specifications because you don't agree with how they were built. Who a person is and how they operate is something you can either choose to accept or walk away from because that is just who they are. Trying to change a person's 'picture' to fit your frame is not only unfair but it also says many things about who YOU are. That person can't help but be who they are and to try and change their image will only cause them to be untrue to themselves; which is never a good thing. Besides, most of the time trying to change someone only changes you in the grand scheme of things.

I know I have a problem with 'adjusting pictures' in my life and I'm sure there are other people who go through the same thing, but remember we're all perfect imperfections. Leave it off kilter sometimes and try not to adjust it; you might end up really liking that angle.

Until next time '...Keep calm and carry on'

No comments:

Post a Comment